Thursday, November 10, 2011

39 week update

quick update.... Had my (almost) 39 week appt today.. I'm officially 39 weeks this saturday! I asked my Dr when is the earliest we can get this baby out. He said that 39 weeks is the earliest.. i reminded him that saturday is the day! He said saturday is not too convenient for him... so this is our plan. He said that we should come back on tuesday and he will do an internal and check how my cervix is.. if it is already effaced, then we can go ahead and induce. if it's hard as a rock, he'll send us home. He said to have sex and do lots of walking to get the cervix to ripen. I am crossing my fingers that when we go back Tuesday he'll give us the green light to induce. I was also informed that he is leaving on vacation the 23rd of november, which sucks because my official due date is the 19th and if nothing is progressing by tuesday, we'd be screwed and i'd have to deliver with his second in command, which i so do not want to do. Plus, if i am induced he said he will make sure i get my epi first, then my pitocin and then he'll break my water and promised a fairly easier labor then if i were to go on my own. This way i can be more relaxed. So please cross your fingers for me as i want to meet my daughter in 4/5 days! EEK! I am so darn excited at the possibility of tuesday/wednesday delivery! omg! :) send me some good ju ju!!

No comments:

Post a Comment