Thursday, October 13, 2011

35 week appointment update

Today i had my (almost) 35 week appointment. I am actually 34 weeks and 5 days along, but am measuring at 36 weeks. (big baby!) I absolutely love my Dr. He is super smart and honest and witty and i am so grateful he'll be there with me through delivery.

I had my GBS test today (group B strep) where i had internal swabs done which was painless and quick. As of now, i have weekly appointments where i will have the NST done. (Non stress test) where the baby, contractions and myself will be monitored.  this will be done at every appointment and will check for baby's well being as well as her position, heart rate etc.. He said that he won't let me go over 41 weeks. but will try not to induce depending on how my cervix will be. He also said that he doesn't do episiotomies unless absolutely necessary (which made me feel a million times better!!!!!!!!) because i would prefer not to get one but he said he is very careful and neat and will be gentle with me.

I cannot believe this is almost over and i can potentially be holding my daughter in 2 short weeks! EEK!

I am ready to meet her, to hold her, smell her, touch her, kiss her..

1 comment:

  1. I can not believe this is the end, I may be held in two weeks my daughter! Krone!


    appointment setting

    ReplyDelete